FAQs When Hiring Security
Knowing Who To Entrust With Your Personal And Business Safety Can Be A Challenge, However. The Following Are General Faqs To Help You Get Started With The Hiring Process
Frequently Ask Questions
Your home and workplace should be sanctuaries where you feel safe at all times, but we all know crime is a reality and can happen to anyone. You need security solutions to ensure the safety of your household, loved ones, or customers. Having well-trained personnel to keep an eye on things is crucial to achieving peace of mind.
When Is Unarmed Security Enough?
It is a common myth that armed guards offer better protection than unarmed security officers. However, unarmed guards provide more value and make more sense in certain situations. If you are considering hiring security, unarmed guards might make the most sense in the following situations:
- In low-security threat situations, e.g., traffic control, entry access, general surveillance, or retail loss prevention
- If you are on a tight budget
- When you need to minimize liability that comes with using lethal force
- If you live or operate in gun-sensitive environments
Security threats and crime keep evolving, so it may be best to have a security expert review the levels of threats you face to determine the ideal type of security to hire.
Who Needs Armed Security?
In situations that see risks that threaten people, life, premises, and your business’s reputation, having armed security helps create a safe and secure environment for your loved ones, employees, and assets. This might include:
- When you are facing an upsurge of crimes that threaten lives and assets
- When you are traveling to dangerous zones and need a robust first line of defense
- If you need heightened surveillance around your home or business
- If your business is offering sensitive products or services that need a higher level of security
- If you are facing threats to life, which may mean you need personal security guards to de-escalate violent situations and act as bodyguards.
- When you anticipate security issues during emergencies
It can sometimes be difficult to tell if your situation will require armed security, but working with experts in the field can help you make the appropriate determination.
What Should I Look for When Hiring a Guard?
If you are looking to hire a reliable security company, consider:
- Licensing and insurance — The right security company should provide valid, current licenses and proof of insurance.
- Qualities of service — You can determine the level of service to expect by confirming the training standards of the guards you are hiring. Find out the type of training the company provides and whether it meets state requirements.
- The company’s reputation — Research the company’s reputation by looking at ratings on review sites like Yelp or social networking sites such as LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Service customization — Find out if the company is willing to accommodate your specific needs, as the right company should offer customized services.
- Innovation and technology — Consider your provider’s tech capabilities and equipment, and whether it is keeping up with the latest innovations in the security world. A company that has committed resources and manpower to innovation and technology provides better services on many fronts.
- Cost — Quality is a crucial factor that determines cost. Ensure you hire guards whose costs fall within your budget. You should also find out the company’s billing cycle — e.g., weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly — and if it offers a monthly flat rate. It may be a good idea to see what is included, as some charge extra for uniforms, equipment, and supplies.
In a nutshell, do not compromise on quality and competence to save on cost. Always keep in mind the intangible value of the people you intend to protec
What Goes Into Video Surveillance?
Video surveillance entails observing a scene to search for improper behaviors that may indicate the emergence or existence of inappropriate behavior. A typical video surveillance process includes identifying areas of concern, where cameras should be placed, installing the cameras, and setting up continuous monitoring procedures that guarantee the best outcomes. Video surveillance is commonly used for:
- Remote video monitoring — This application is best for protecting against dishonest employees, burglaries, and theft.
- Monitoring operations — Video surveillance provides a convenient way to monitor day-to-day operations, and is crucial to help streamline processes.
- Facility protections — Surveillance cameras can be installed strategically along the perimeters of your building and property to deter break-ins.
- Parking lots — They can be used to monitor for theft or damage to vehicles in a car park.
- Traffic monitoring — Cameras can also be used to monitor and improve traffic flow.
The right set up is crucial to success, and having the right team available to monitor camera feeds will be imperative to stopping crime in its tracks.
How Does a Video Surveillance System Work?
Most video security cameras are motion activated and designed to record automatically when they detect motion. Some send alerts and video feeds to your smartphones, tablets, and computer from anywhere using an internet connection. Having a team available to monitor your surveillance needs will mean you get fast action when a bad act occurs, including emergency responses to work sites and more.
What Is the Cost of Hiring a Security Guard?
The cost of hiring a security guard varies depending on factors such as location, experience, and risk level, but the average cost of hiring security guards in 2021 is approximately $35 to $50 per hour. You should expect to pay more per hour for armed security officers compared to unarmed guards.
Why Work With a Security Company You Can Trust?
There are several benefits that come with hiring a professional private security company for your personal, home, or business needs. Private guards guarantee you get around-the-clock protection and constant monitoring. Staffing a highly trained team of security experts that is available 24/7 to answer any security questions you might have means you get access to top-notch security services and peace of mind.