Security Camera Equipment and Analytics
We install the latest in technology in order to provide the highest levels of protection
All security camera equipment installed by SMART Security Pros are of the highest quality and when coupled with our top of the market Video Management Software (VMS), provide analytics capabilities far surpassing that of any off the shelf camera system.
These cameras allow our Video Surveillance Agents (VSA’s) to actively scan your site by remotely controlling the camera from side to side, up and down, as well as zooming in and out. This allows them to zoom in and take snapshots of license plates, suspicious individuals, or other incidents of concern. The cameras can be set to a roaming pattern when our VSA is not actively controlling it. Our base model has the following features, upgrades are available for even higher resolutions and capabilities:
- 36x optical zoom
- 60 fps frame rate
- 120 db true WDR
- Smart Tracking
- Smart Detection
- 656.1′ infrared distance (night vision)
Day/Night Dome Camera
Our day/night dome camera is the most commonly installed. It captures images at a resolution of 2688 x 1520, features motion detection, WDR (Wide Dynamic Range), 3D DNR (Digital Noise Reduction), and BLC (Back Light Compensation). It comes with a housing that provides protection from dust and moisture, ensuring uninterrupted surveillance in exposed locations and an IK10-rated housing to prevent vandalism. Here is a list of some of the features:
- Full HD1080p Video
- Dual Video Streams
- 2.8 mm, 4 mm, 6 mm Fixed Lens Options
- 120 dB Wide Dynamic Range
- 3D Digital Noise Reduction
- Smart Features
- Infrared (night vision) Range 30 Meters (~100 Feet)
- Audio and Alarm I/O
360 View Camera
License Plate Reader Technology
License plate recognition (LPR) is an analytic solution used to identify vehicles. This technology can pinpoint cars parked too long in the parking area or send a notification when vehicles that have previously been identified as problematic are present. For example, the system can alert gas station attendants when a license plate is recognized that belongs to a person known for stealing gas. Some of the features include:
- A dedicated LPR monitor view item presents a combined camera view and an event list displaying recognized license plate information.
- The LPR event list provides real-time license plate information for the identified vehicle, including country (if dedicated country modules is used in the system), match with possible match lists, and complementary vehicle information defined as custom data in the match list
- LPR monitor view items can be used in independent playback in line with normal camera view items. In independent playback the event list with license plate information can be reviewed with the possibility to directly jump to a specific vehicle and playback recorded video from the associated camera
- A shortcut makes it possible select any vehicle identified in the LPR Monitor and get a listing of the specific license plate recognition events in the LPR tab
Portable & Temporary Surveillance Solutions
- Special events where video surveillance can be used in combination with on site security to provide an “eye in the sky”.
- Construction sites are the most common use of our video surveillance trailers. We can deploy them for months at a time, from the day valuable equipment begins being delivered to your site until the day you make delivery to your end customer.
- For large wide open sites we can incorporate the Hydra Thermal Radar camera and high powered PTZ to cover areas up to 1,000 yards in all directions.
- Remote locations where power and internet are not already present.
- Using video analytics, like people and zone counters, stores can keep track of customer traffic and optimize operations. Analytics data, such as browsing time, can be used to identify customer traffic patterns and determine how to optimally arrange the store and merchandise.
- Video sequences can be linked with receipt and transaction data gathered from the POS system, ERP system or auto-mated teller machines (ATMs). The video data can help reduce fraud by identifying and sending alerts about suspicious activity such as deceptive use of gift cards, discounts, blacklisted credit cards and refunds.
- Self-scanning is becoming increasingly popular. In XProtect software, transaction data is displayed alongside corresponding video, ensuring incidents can be efficiently tracked. Then, video data can be exported and handed over to the proper authorities to help combat theft.
- EAS systems are commonly used to deter thieves. To make them more useful, video can be integrated to help provide evidence of what actually happened when the alarm went off. Linking video with alarms can also be used for access control systems; fire alarms; and heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems.
Facial Recognition enables surveillance systems to deliver greater value by getting even more power from video data and databases to achieve a new level of effectiveness in real-time identity verification, threat assessment, and time-sensitive risk mitigation. Here’s how it works:
- A network surveillance camera, connected to the XProtect VMS platform, delivers video to the XProtect Recording Server.
- The XProtect Recording Server in turn delivers video to the HP Face Recognition solution which detects and matches individual faces against a face database to perform verification via the HP developed plug-in, of identify-flagged individuals.
- The solution sends the associated event information of the detected individual to the XProtect Alarm Manager.
- The XProtect Smart Client user interface is then enabled to allow users to monitor alarms, and view live, recorded video and associated meta-data.
- Auto-camera cueing
- No moving parts
- All-weather tracking
- Protects an area 1,000 yards in diameter
- Smartphone integration
- Tablet integration
- GPS coordinates output every second
Why do I need any of these cameras?
Ultimately your goal, and ours, is to provide a safer environment for you, your employees, customers and residents. Using advanced camera types and analytics will be a key factor in making that happen. The higher level cameras lead to quicker captures and better evidence. In the end you will likely end up saving money by reducing crime and loss at your site.